Job no: 979491
Work type: Fixed Term (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Utilise your AOD Case management experience to assist Australians in need
- Contract until Dec 2017
- Full-time hours (Mon – Fri)
- Located in Newman
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
The Pilbara Community Alcohol and Drug Service provides education and support for people with substance use issues. In partnership with local communities and providing a range of services including assessment, diversion programs, counselling and case management, we aim to walk alongside those in need to create long term sustainable solutions to individual and community needs. You will also be working in the Newman Magistrate's Court where you will be the conduit between the Court and the Pilbara Community Alcohol and Drug Service. You will assess the suitability of clients for the diversion programs and submit reports to the Court.
Based in Newman, in the role of AOD Case Manager/Diversion Officer you'll work within a strong team of dedicated staff who are committed to supporting the community. You will be required to have an in-depth knowledge of drug and alcohol issues, supported with relevant qualifications.
- Respond to referrals and conduct assessments of new clients.
- Develop, implement and review individualised case plans
- Provide specialised individual AOD support and assist with facilitation of group sessions
- Document clear and concise records for client case notes
- Represent and promote the service within the community and develop strong networks with stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in AOD, Social Sciences or equivalent
- Experience working with clients in AOD or related fields
- Case management and stakeholder engagement experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current Driver's License
- Working with Children Check
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Remote allowance
This is a rare opportunity to use your experience and contribute to a leading organisation in the Australian Not For Profit sector. If you are looking for a role where you can use your experience to help Australians in need, we would love to hear from you!
The successful applicant will undertake relevant background checks as required.
Click "APPLY NOW" noting application close 31 March 2017
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan.