Full Time Position
Enjoy working with Aboriginal people? Want to make a difference?
Aboriginal People are Encouraged to Apply
Bloodwood Tree Association is an incorporated, not-for-profit Aboriginal organisation based in South Hedland. Bloodwood Tree provides services for the homeless, unemployed, those affected by alcohol and drug use, and people in need.
A full time vacancy exists for a Cultural Mental Health Worker to join our current team working, Monday – Friday, from our South Hedland based office.
To assist in the provision of holistic mental health care and support to clients of the Pilbara Integrated Mental Health Service. Through the provision of outreach support, case management and referrals / access the appropriate health services.
Following skills are required:
- Relevant mental health industry experience.
- Three years’ experience working in the mental health sector or relevant community experience.
- Case management experience working with clients dealing with mental health issues including the ability to make sound decisions that address client’s complex health needs and the ability to motivate and engage clients who demonstrate challenging behaviour.
- Extensive experience of work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and developing polices that ensure these groups are provided culturally secure service provision.
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to write and enter accurate case notes and perform other administrative tasks relevant to the position.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- A sound level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience in, or willingness to travel to neighbouring remote Aboriginal communities.
- Senior First Aid.
- Current ‘C’ Class WA drivers licence.
- Current Police Clearance and valid Work with Children check WWCC.
- Desirable Aboriginality
Closing date for the following position 21 September 2017