Rick Hammersley Centre Therapeutic Community (TC)
Part time – 38 hours fortnight (Job Code (ASWPTRHCTC)
This is an identified position for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Support Worker to join our team at the Rick Hammersley Centre Therapeutic Community.
This person will deliver culturally secure alcohol and drug services (AOD) such as informal counselling, mentoring, education and support to the individuals and families engaging in the TC Program.
If you are interested in this position and you possess a sound level of knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment, we would like to hear from you.
Salary level 4-5, $61,315 - $72, 578 (per annum, pro rata)
This position also comes with attractive employee benefits and salary packaging, excellent working conditions and professional training and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Certificate III in Community Services and AOD and / or experience in working with Indigenous people in an AOD service (minimum).
- Possess a sound knowledge of alcohol and other drug issues impacting on Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Take an active role in Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Have a current National Police Clearance, Working with Children Check and First Aid Certificate.
- Have a Current driver’s License and reliable vehicle
For further information, please contact Elise Copland – 9302 2222
To download a copy of the JDF please refer to the employment section on our website – www.cyrenianhouse.com
Applicants MUST address the selection criteria in their application.
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.