Saranna Women and Children’s Program
1 x Part time – 38 hours fortnight (Job Code (CEPTSWCP)
We have an exciting employment opportunity at our Rick Hammersley Centre Therapeutic Community for a part time Counsellor Educator who will provide professional alcohol and other drug (AOD) counselling, education and support to the consumers and their families in the Saranna Women and Children’s Program.
If you are interested in this position and you possess a sound level of knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment, we would like to hear from you.
Salary level 4-5, $59,707 - $70, 412 (per annum, pro rata)
This position also comes with attractive employee benefits and salary packaging, excellent working conditions and professional training and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a degree in Social, Behavioural, Education, Health Sciences or equivalent experience and training in the AOD sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the 12 step philosophy and “Community as a method Treatment Model”.
- Experience at working with women and children with a sound knowledge of women’s issues and developmental issues for children.
- Have well developed assessment and counselling skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Current National Police Certificate, WWCC and First Aid Certificate
For further information, please contact Elise Copland – 9302 2222
To download a copy of the JDF please refer to the employment section on our website – www.cyrenianhouse.com
Applicants MUST address the selection criteria in their application.
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.