Utilise Your AOD Experience
Full Time Fixed Term Contract (Until Dec. 2018)
NFP Salary Packaging Available
South Hedland , Pilbara Region, WA
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
The Pilbara Community Alcohol and Drug Service provides education, counselling and support for people with substance use issues. In partnership with local communities and providing a range of services including assessment, diversion programs, counselling and case management, we aim to walk alongside those in need to create long term sustainable solutions to individual and community needs.
Based in South Hedland, in the role of AOD Case Manager you'll work within a strong team of dedicated staff who are committed to supporting the community. You will be required to have an in-depth knowledge of drug and alcohol issues, supported with relevant qualifications. The role will be full-time until 31st December 2018, with the likelihood of extending after that.
Respond to referrals and conduct assessments of new clients
- Develop, implement and review individualised case plans
- Provide specialised individual AOD counselling support and assist with facilitation of group sessions
- Document clear and concise records for client case notes
- Represent and promote the service within the community and develop strong networks with stakeholders
- Participate in AOD prevention activities
- Represent Mission Australia at interagency meetings and forums
Qualifications & experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in AOD, Social Sciences or equivalent
- Experience working with clients in AOD or related fields
- Case management and stakeholder engagement experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current Driver's License
- Working with Children Check
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check.
In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- A remote locality allowance of $1000 per annum
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres (conditions apply)
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
Click "APPLY NOW" noting application close 20th of February 2018
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan.