Full/Part Time. This position is required to work on a rostered basis, the refuge is staffed 24/7.
About the Organisation
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation which provides culturally secure, confidential and free of charge alcohol and drug services to Aboriginal people in the Perth metropolitan area. We also manage Wooree Miya Women’s Refuge, a short-term crisis accommodation service for women and children escaping family and domestic violence or other crisis. We are the only Aboriginal specific alcohol and drug service in the metropolitan and South West region and also the only Aboriginal owned and managed women’s refuge. We work collaboratively with a range of other agencies to ensure coordinated and integrated care is provided for Aboriginal people with alcohol and drug problems and for women and children escaping domestic violence. Wooree Miya Women’s Refuge is a 24 hour 7 day a week facility and activities are based on a case management approach to service delivery.
What are we looking for:
- Commitment to high-level quality service for all clients.
- Experience working with Aboriginal people along with a comprehensive knowledge of Aboriginal culture.
- Knowledge of family and domestic violence and skills to provide intervention and crisis management for people affected by these issues.
- The ability to work out of office hours on a 24/7 roster basis, a willingness to work flexible hours to meet operational requirements, which includes morning, afternoon, sleep overs & weekend work.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for working with women & children in crisis in a manner that will best support their needs and strengthen their well-being.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and work effectively in a team.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels.
- Current ‘C’ class WA drivers licence, Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Current Police Clearance.
Additionally, as a public benevolent institution (PBI) we are able to offer you up to $15,900.00 cash value per FBT year ($30,00.00 grossed up) as a tax free component of your salary which significantly changes your expendable income.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.