About the Service
The Wungening Aboriginal Corporation, Centrecare Incorporated and UnitingCare West have established a metropolitan wide partnership in delivering Youth Justice Services aimed at providing the best possible outcomes for at risk young people and the West Australian community. This exciting new partnership offers a range of significant benefits including:
- An integrated and coordinated network of quality Youth Justice Services based at either Wungening in East Perth (the North Hub) or at Centrecare in Gosnells (the South Hub).
- A uniform approach to service delivery in the area of rehabilitation and emotional wellbeing for young people and their family’s referred to the service in the metropolitan area.
- An opportunity to be a part of developing best practice evidence based youth justice services that are outcome focused.
About the role
As a Youth Worker in this fully integrated team of innovative agencies you will play an integral role in providing high quality intake, assessment, and support services for young people and their family’s participating in the Youth Justice Service. This will involve outreach services to young people at their place of living in the community or in custody. The aim of this new initiative is to:
- Divert young people away from the criminal justice system;
- Provide programs and services for young people on orders in the community;
- Provide programs and services for young people in custody; and
- Increase public safety
This multi-faceted role will provide you with plenty of opportunity for variety in your work as well as the challenge of being part of an exciting program from its inception. In addition to supporting young people to lead productive, law abiding lives in the community. You will also be activity engaging with the wider community on a regular basis, liaising with the Department of Corrective Services, service providers providing Youth Justice Services and other services to source and secure options and outcomes for young people participating in this program.
Hours worked Tuesday to Saturday each week. Hours will be 9am to 5pm 5 days per week 37.5 hours.
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Further information including the selection criteria is available at www.wungening.com.au. If you would like to discuss an application please contact 08 92211411. All applications should be made via www.seek.com.au closing date 30th June 2018. We reserve the right to close application prior to this date.