Non Residential Services
Full time - 76 hours per fortnight (JOB CODE: CEFTNRS)
We are seeking a Counsellor Educator for our Residential Pathways Program (RPP). The Counsellor Educator’s role is to provide proficient, culturally secure counselling, assessment education and support to consumers and their families and the local community. The Counsellor Educator will possess a sound level of clinical knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment.
If you are interested in this position and you possess a sound level of knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment, we would like to hear from you.
Salary level 4-5, $67,310 - $79,500 (per annum, pro rata)
This position also comes with attractive employee benefits and salary packaging, excellent working conditions and professional training and development opportunities.
- The successful candidate will:
- A degree in social, behavioural or health sciences or equivalent experience in the alcohol and drug sector.
- Demonstrated and well developed assessment and counselling skills.
- Experience in presenting information groups.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary case management team.
- Knowledge of alcohol and other drug issues, drugs of concern and other medications.
- Experience in working with consumers from diverse backgrounds and different cultural groups.
- Demonstrated and well developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Experience in delivering education and training programs to other providers and community groups.
- Experience in working as part of a team.
- Current Police clearance and current First Aid Certificate.
- Current “C’ class drivers license and reliable vehicle
To download a copy of the JDF please refer to the employment section on our website – www.cyrenianhouse.com
Applicants MUST address the selection criteria in their application.
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.