- 2 x Part-time (0.8 FTE), on-going roles @ Inner City Centre (near McIver station)
- Starting Salary $74,479 (pro-rata) + 9.5% super + 17.5% leave loading
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata) and attractive salary packaging options
About the Role
Attach: Parent Drug and Alcohol Service is an in-home counselling service for substance using parents. We are looking11 for two dynamic, skilled, knowledgeable, and passionate people to help us to deliver our specialist Parent Drug and Alcohol Service.
All candidates will possess:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (e.g. Social work, Psychology, Counselling) and /or significant relevant experience in a related role.
- Experience delivering evidence based therapeutic interventions to clients presenting with complex issues; particularly in the area of alcohol and other drug use.
- Excellent counselling and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in isolation and in difficult circumstances.
- Experience working with parents and a solid understanding of child protection issues, risk assessment, and safety planning.
- Knowledge of the key issues facing substance using clients such as parenting, mental health, trauma and attachment.
- Competence in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Working within our values of empathy, respect, integrity, inclusiveness and commitment UnitingCare West provides the support and development for you to belong and thrive. Benefits of working with us includes additional annual leave, generous long service leave, access to additional salary packing and a great team environment.
We value social and cultural diversity and are committed to a safe workplace and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature age workers.
Enquiries can be directed to Lianne Sylvester, Specialist Team Leader, Therapeutic & Social Support Services on 08 9239 0920.
The position description is available at https://www.unitingcarewest.org.au/join-our-team/current-opportunities.
Please apply through the SEEK website, providing a covering letter, outlining your suitability against the selection criteria (no more than two pages) together with current resume by 11 January 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
UnitingCare West is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.