ReSet Re-entry and Reintegration Program
About the Service
The ReSet Program is a re-entry, reintegration and family and parenting support program delivered by a Consortium led by Wungening Aboriginal Corporation, with Wirrpanda Foundation, Centrecare Incorporated and St Bartholomew’s House.
This is a metropolitan wide partnership that delivers an integrated suite of tailored, culturally competent and evidenced based reintegration services to offenders and their families. This exciting partnership offers a range of significant benefits including:
- A holistic approach to service delivery supporting offenders transitioning into the community.
- An integrated and coordinated network of quality reintegration services based at either East Perth (the North Hub) or Cannington (the South Hub); and with access to “hot desk” locations across the metropolitan area.
- An opportunity to be a part of developing best practice evidence based adult justice services that are outcome focused.
The Reset Program is based on the delivery of through-care - supporting offenders to prepare for release into the community and to deal with barriers from a range of social, health, economic and personal challenges post release. The through-care model builds on an offender’s access to treatment and support whilst in prison and in the transition period from pre-release, to being back in the community. The aim of this service is to:
- Provide intensive re-entry and housing support services for offenders exiting custodial settings;
- Provide support services to families to increase offenders’ positive community reintegration outcomes;
- Reduce rates of reoffending and specifically do our part in addressing the over-representation of Aboriginal people in the WA criminal justice system; and
- Increase public safety.
We are seeking applicants for the following position
Case Worker (Level 4) Full-Time
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Hours worked across Monday to Friday (and with a rostered Saturday)
Applicants are requested to provide a cover letter, addressing the selection criteria as well as a copy of your resume including current referees. All applicants must complete an application form which is available on the Wungening website. This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
For a complete Information pack please visit our website www.wungening.com.au.