Yaandina Community Services are the largest local provider of community services in the Pilbara. We are currently seeking an AOD Counsellor who has relevant experience for our alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service. We are looking for someone who can work in a team environment for the betterment of people affected by AOD.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the counsellor is to ensure that the social and emotional health needs of clients and the community are met whilst working under the supervision and direction of the Manager.
Provide support and assistance to clients:
- Provide appropriate and timely psychological assessments and intervention based on client needs and act according to the assessment. Psychological assessment, including personality and intellectual assessment; Psychological intervention including cognitive and behavioural interventions for clients.
- Work intensively with family members with high risk and complex needs to provide direct effective treatment
- Provide directed behavioural therapy targeting behavioural changes
- Deliver CBT, stress inoculation, trauma treatment, family therapy and substances abuse treatment
- Ensure all assessments are comprehensive and multisystemic
- Provide link-up services to clients and provide support and assistance to clients through this process.
- Participate in case conferencing and undertake all responsibilities as per the Mental Health care plan of clients.
- Refer clients appropriately to other services within and external to organisation. Provide clients with information about the services they are being referred to and provide support as necessary to clients attending other services.
- Regular travel to remote communities for counselling, continuing care and outreach
- Work collaboratively and network with other agencies in the region for optimal outcomes for mutual clients
- Follow-up with clients on regular basis.
- Initiate client contact where appropriate and necessary.
Provide support and assistance to clients in their own environment consistent with
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of record keeping.
- Record all data on clients as required by organisation.
- Program responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Manager, facilitate and initiate group meetings and support services that involve clients, families and community members
- Educate other staff on issues relevant to social and emotional health determinants as applicable.
- Initiate, develop and implement community and client awareness conducting health promotion programs relevant to social and emotional determinants of health.
- Possess a recognised degree in Psychology or equivalent Counselling degree and be eligible for registration with AHPRA as a full or provisional psychologist.
- Member of Australian Counselling Association and/or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia.
- Theoretical knowledge of current child and family counselling and group work literature/models
- Counselling experience in working with children and families in a therapeutic setting
- Group work experience with children and/or adults
- Experience working collaboratively and the demonstrated capacity to negotiate and liaise internal and external stakeholders including, Department for Communities, other agencies and the community
- Skills in engaging clients from Aboriginal and Indigenous cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with marginalised young people and their families engaged in the justice system
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience using evidence based clinical practices and their application to treat juvenile offenders
- Current Driver’s licence.
- Demonstrate experience in the provision of counselling to adults in the context of trauma, loss and grief.
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting on people who are a part of the Stolen Generation.
- Computer skills for data entry and email communication.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team both internal and external
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Permanent full time role based in Roebourne
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Team based treatment environment with intensive collaboration and clinical supervision and consultation
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Collaborative and cohesive working culture
How to apply:
We would then require a current CV and a cover letter addressing key selection criteria in support of your application.