About the Service
Wungening Moort Consortium comprises four Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs) – Wungening Aboriginal Corporation (Lead Agency), Coolabaroo Community Services, Ebenezer Home Aboriginal Corporation and Moorditj Koort, and is a first of its kind In-home Support Service. The service will provide intensive in-home practical support to Aboriginal families throughout the metropolitan area to address safety issues, strengthen family functioning and parenting skills and create possibilities for significant change within high-risk families in contact with the child protection system.
WE ARE SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKERS (Level 2.3)
ARMADALE, MIDLAND, ROCKINGHAM
About the role:
As a Family Support Worker you will provide a culturally appropriate in depth family support outreach service to assist Aboriginal families with children aged 0-17 in contact with the child protection system within the Perth metropolitan area. You will work within a small team to engage and assist parents/caregivers to build their capacity to provide ongoing support and protection for their vulnerable and at risk children in a home setting. The service will encompass strengths based therapeutic approaches to resolve personal and family issues and build resilience and capacity to respond to crisis, create a safe, protective environment and improve connectedness to the community and to available resources.
- Experience working in family support, including parenting skill development, and a qualification in a relevant area at Certificate IV or higher.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and community.
- Understanding and knowledge of working with Aboriginal and Torres Straits Islander families and children in contact with the child protections system, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to be part of a team in order to deliver a quality service and achieve client outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and act decisively.
- Required Clearances:
- Working with Children Card
- Drivers Licence
- National Police Clearance (current – within last 3mths)
Applicants are requested to provide a cover letter, addressing the selection criteria as well as a copy of your resume including current referees. All applicants must complete an application form. This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months following an appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
For a complete Information pack please visit our website www.wungening.com.au.
All applications must be submitted through www.seek.com.au.
Closing date for all applications is Wednesday 22nd May 2019.
We reserve the right to close application prior to this date.