With a Vision for “a healthy, safe, strong and sustainable Aboriginal community”, Wungening Aboriginal Corporation (Wungening) is a progressive, innovative and sector leading Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. At Wungening we pride ourselves on providing a range of culturally secure, confidential and free of charge services for Aboriginal people who live in the Perth metropolitan area.
Our purpose is to be the centre of excellence in delivering culturally secure and holistic services that improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and families in the Aboriginal community by strengthening and healing the mind, body and spirit. These services include Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) therapeutic supports, youth justice programs, as well as a short term supported accommodation Refuge for women and children escaping family and domestic violence.
REFUGE SUPPORT WORKERS (Part-time)
This position is required to work on a rostered basis, the refuge is staffed 24/7.
What are we looking for:
- Commitment to high-level quality service for all clients.
- Experience working with Aboriginal people along with a comprehensive knowledge of Aboriginal culture.
- Knowledge of family and domestic violence and skills to provide intervention and crisis management for people affected by these issues.
- The ability to work out of office hours on a 24/7 roster basis, a willingness to work flexible hours to meet operational requirements, which includes morning, afternoon, sleep overs & weekend work.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for working with women & children in crisis in a manner that will best support their needs and strengthen their well-being.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and work effectively in a team.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels.
- Current ‘C’ class WA drivers licence, Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Current National Police Clearance.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For a complete Information pack please visit our website www.wungening.com.au
All applications should be through www.seek.com.au
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation reserves the right to appoint this position prior to the application closing date or by invitation