Holyoake Wheatbelt Community Alcohol and Drug Service are seeking expressions of interest for an After Care (Suicide Prevention) Coordinator to work within the Wheatbelt.
This Western Australian Primary Health Alliance funded position will provide a place-based suicide prevention worker in the Wheatbelt to arrange after care for people who have presented at hospital with suicide ideation or an attempt. The After Care Coordinator will facilitate a safe return to home and community by mobilising available community services and supports as identified in the hospital discharge plan and any other services relevant to the client’s needs.
The After Care Coordinator will work closely with the Wheatbelt Suicide Prevention Coordinator, Holyoake Wheatbelt Community Alcohol and Drug Service staff and key stakeholders within the Wheatbelt
The After Care Coordinator’s key responsibilities will be:
- Case Management and Support
- Community Liaison and Advocacy
- Service Development and scoping exercise
The successful applicant will require:
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, mental health (nursing), counselling or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working to support individuals with mental health concerns and suicidal ideation.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting suicide risk assessments, de-escalation, and the development and implementation of client safety plans.
- Demonstrated experience in complex case management.
- Sound knowledge of alcohol and drug issues, mental health conditions and their comorbidity.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience.
- Ideally this position will be located in the townships of Northam or Narrogin. However, consideration will be given to suitable applicants living in or within close proximity to the Wheatbelt.
For further information or enquiries, please contact Peter Osborn - Holyoake WCADS Regional Manager on (08) 9621 1055.
Applications close 21st June 2019