WANADA's Student Placement Program supports university students from allied health fields to complete placements in the alcohol and other drug sector.
WANADA has worked with:
- University of Western Australia Master of Social Work
- University of Western Australia Master of Public Health
- Edith Cowan University Master in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Edith Cowan University Master of Exercise Science
- Edith Cowan University - Master of Paramedical Science
- Edith Cowan University - Medical and Health Science
- University of Western Australia, Monash University, Curtin University, and University of Technology Sydney - Pharmacy
- University of Western Australia - McCusker Centre (Internships)
- University of Western Australia - Medicine
Students have brought their knowledge of allied health to alcohol and other drug services in Perth, Kalgoorlie and Geraldton including Hope Community Services, Goldfields Rehabilitation Service, Palmerston Association, Cyrenian House, The Salvation Army Bridge Program, Mission Australia Drug and Alcohol Youth Service and Peer Based Harm Reduction WA.
The Student Placement Program is building capacity in the alcohol and other drug sector and providing students with valuable experience working in the alcohol and other drug sector. Read the pdf Student Placement Impact Statement (217 KB) for more information about the program's positive outcomes.