2018 WA AOD Conference Presentations
Presentations and e-posters from the 2018 Western Australian Alcohol and other Drug Conference - Leading the Way: Embracing New Opportunities in Alcohol and Other Drug Sector, held 20 and 21 March 2018 at the Novotel Langley Perth and hosted by the Mental Health Commission with WANADA.
- pdf Professor David Forbes (400 KB) , Director Phoenix Australia, Centre For Post Traumatic Mental Health, Victoria - Substance use and mental health consequences of trauma and implications for assessment and treatment
- pdf Chief Constable Michael Barton (776 KB) , Durham Constabulary, United Kingdom - If our policies to tackle illegal drugs are working why are we talking about it so much ? ........ Scrub that! Why are we not talking about it so much?
- Professor Tanya Chikritzhs – Alcohol Policy Research, National Drug Research Centre, Curtin University - Why is cancer alcohol's best kept secret?
- pdf Gino Vumbaca (3.22 MB) , President, Harm Reduction Australia, NSW - Drug and Alcohol Policy – Time for an Overhaul
- Will Tregoning - Chief Executive Officer, Unharm, NSW - People, communities and the future of harm reduction
- Conjoint Professor Nick Lintzeris, Director, Drug and Alcohol Services, South East Sydney Local Health District; Discipline Addiction Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney - Translating research into clinical practice and back again: Challenges for the AOD sector
Concurrent Oral Presentations
- pdf Leigh Cleary and Grace Oh (334 KB) , Senior Workforce Development Officers, Mental Health Commission - Recognising and responding to amphetamine intoxication/toxicity and opioid overdose: A contemporary training resource for those working at the coal face
- pdf Dr Mandy Wilson (800 KB) , National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University - Violence Prevention Programs for Incarcerated Women
- pdf Imogen Davies (307 KB) , South Metropolitan Health Service, Fiona Stanley Hospital, National Drug Research Institute - Never the twain shall meet? Staff and patient attitudes and actions on hospital based alcohol screening and brief intervention
- pdf Tim Rolfe (2.26 MB) , Office of the Chief Psychiatrist - Maryanne and the seven stoned dwarfs: A humorous approach to educating people experiencing mental illness about cannabis use
- pdf Vanessa Stasiw (374 KB) , Peer Support Worker, Cyrenian House - A Lived Experience: Reflections on establishing a new AOD Peer Support project
- Dr Stephen Bright, Senior Lecturer, Addictions, Edith Cowan University - pdf How to critically analyse AOD-related media (279 KB)
- Dr Stephen Bright - Senior Lecturer, Addictions, Edith Cowan University - pdf What do older adults seeking AOD treatment look like (867 KB)
- pdf Susanne Line (226 KB) , Consultant, School Drug Education and Road Aware - Talking Drugs new resource for diverse audiences