Grants and Funding
Grants and funding opportunities for alcohol and other drug services.
Funders of the alcohol and other drug sector in Western Australia include:
- Western Australian Mental Health Commission
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Western Australian Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA)
COVID-19 Coronavirus Response
- 2020-21 COVID-19 Youth Recovery Grants Program - WA Department of Communities - provides funding to local governments and community service organisations to implement projects that engage young people aged 10-25 years. Applications close 18 March 2021.
- BHP establishes $50 million (AUD) Vital Resources Fund to help support regional communities
- Horizon Power Community Partnership Program - $1.1 million in community partnership funding to support the revitalisation of regional Western Australian communities post COVID-19. Eligible groups can apply for partnership support of up to $50,000.
- Lotterywest COVID-19 Relief Fund - includes Lotterywest Crisis Relief Grants FAQs
- Help available for NFPs struggling through COVID-19 - Pro Bono Australia
- National COVID-19 Funding Platform - Australian Communities Foundation partner with Philanthropy Australia to provide a national funding platform to coordinate the philanthropic response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Water Corporation Kimberley COVID-19 Community Relief Fund - Grants of up to $10,000, delivered by the Water Corporation and the Lions Club of Broome.
- Woodside COVID-19 Community Fund - a $10 million fund to support community organisations responding to COVID-19 in the regional areas where Woodside is active including Karratha, Roebourne, Exmouth, Broome Dampier Peninsula, and Perth.
Grants and Funding Sources for Services and the Community
Grants and funding sources that may support your efforts to address alcohol and other drug-related harm in your community.
- CommBank Grassroots Grants - grants of $1000 are awarded to charities creating a better society for youth in our communities.
- ConnectGroups - Pay It Forward Grants - open to Self Help and Support Groups, the program is an early intervention and prevention mental health program, offered in partnership with the Mental
- Health Commission.
- Funding for Women's Leadership Development: Health Sector - Women & Leadership Australia (WLA)
- Good Sports Program - Alcohol and Drug Foundation
- Harcourts Foundation Grants - for a specific event, project, item, or initiative that helps, grows, and enriches our communities.
- Harmony Week 2022 - grants of up to $2000 for events. Close
- HBF Community Grants - focused on improving the health of Western Australians. $1,000 to $50,000. Quarterly rounds.
- Local Drug Action Team Grants Program - Alcohol and Drug Foundation
- National Centre for Clinical Research on Emerging Drugs (NCCRED) Seed Funding Grants - NCCRED is releasing Grants to fund innovative Clinical Research for the treatment of substance use disorder due to methamphetamine or emerging drugs of concern.
- nib Health Smart Grants - empower youth and young adults to make smarter health choices.
- Office of Multicultural Interests' Community Grants Program
- STRIVE Project Grants - for Local Drug Action Groups
- Sunsuper Dreams for a Better World - supports community development programs and partnering with not-for-profit organisations that help bring lasting and positive change to the lives of many Australians.
- Water Corporation - Kimberley Community Grants - invites not-for-profit groups and schools with a great idea for a community project in the Kimberley to apply for a grant of up to $10,000 from the State Government.
- Western Australia Police Force - Grants Funding
- Community Grants Hub - Australian Government
- GrantsConnect - Australian Government.
- Pro Bono Australia Grants Listings - in partnership with Strategic Grants.
WANADA provides information about current grant opportunities in our e-newsletter FYI and e-bulletin Member Update.