Reducing Stigma and Discrimination
WANADA believes that all Western Australians should have fair and equitable access to health and other human services.
The resources below provide more information about how stigma and discrimination can impact on health outcomes, and what can be done to address this.
- AIVL - Stigma and Discrimination - policy papers and reports, anti-discrimination training, and knowing your rights.
- C The Person, Not The Disease
- Don’t judge, and listen: experiences of stigma and discrimination related to problematic alcohol and other drug use - Queensland Mental Health Commission
- Frameworks Institute - changing the conversation on social issues (Canada)
- Lives of Substance
- National Center for Stigma & Empowerment (US)
- pdf Reducing AOD Related Stigma - Presentation to the 2014 WA AOD Conference (2.27 MB) - WANADA and Marketing for Change
- pdf Reducing AOD Related Stigma - Next Steps (1.57 MB) - Marketing for Change, December 2014
- Stigma Research and Action - International Journal
- pdf WANADA General Public and Mental Health Survey Topline Quantitative Research Report (801 KB) - Colmar Brunton, December 2014.