WANADA works with the media to raise awareness about the specialist alcohol and other drug services available to the Western Australian community, the impact of alcohol and other drug use in our community, and ways we can work towards a better future for individuals, families and communities most impacted.
WANADA welcomes enquiries on alcohol and other drug issues, particularly those relating to alcohol and other drug services and their role in prevention and treatment.
Recent media activity includes -
- pdf Alcohol and drugs services under threat with federal government failure to guarantee $8m ‘Ice Strategy’ funding for WA (161 KB) - 7 March 2022
- pdf Report Exposes Costs – and Harms – of Alcohol (158 KB) - 16 December 2021
- pdf Congratulations to the 2021 Western Australian Alcohol and other Drug Award Winners (187 KB) - 11 October 2021
- pdf Alcohol and other drug services welcome investment in prevention, treatment and support (141 KB) - 7 May 2019
- pdf Alcohol and other drug prevention and treatment answer to WA’s methamphetamine crisis (207 KB) - 5 April 2018
- pdf Alcohol and other drug sector needs greater input into proposed welfare reform (155 KB) - 11 May 2017
- pdf The Sunday Times Letter to the Editor in Response to Tom Percy QC (218 KB) - 15 February 2017 (edited letter published in The Sunday Times on 19 February 2017).
- Alcohol and other Drug Sector 2017 WA State Election Forum - 1 February 2017
- pdf WA Community Benefits From Accredited Alcohol and other Drug Services (157 KB) (Media Release in Response to ABC Four Corners report "Rehab Inc.", 14 September 2016).
- ' pdf Fast-track drug treatment funding (156 KB) ' - Letter to the Editor, The West Australian (5 September 2016, published 8 September 2016).