Organisations, research institutions and services of interest to people who work in the alcohol and other drug field.
West Australian Resources and Services
- Mental Health Commission (an amalgamation of the Drug and Alcohol Office with the Mental Health Commission).
- pdf Investing In Women's Health (942 KB) - Women's Community Health Network WA.
Australian Resources and Services
- Australian Drug Foundation (ADF) A non-government, not-for-profit organisation that aims to prevent harm from alcohol and drug use.
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA)
- Building Trades Group Alcohol and Drug Program
- NOFASD Australia
Education and Information
- Alcohol - Commonwealth Department of Health Information on alcohol-related health, science, news, and Australian Government policy.
- Alcohol, Pregnancy and FASD - Telethon Institute for Child Health Research.
- Australian Drug Blog Australian debate on AOD issues.
- Australian Drug Information Network (ADIN)
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - Alcohol and other Drug Use Statistics
- Commonwealth Department of Health
- Drinking Nightmare Australian Government's National Binge Drinking Campaign website.
- Gambling Help Online - Offers live counselling and e-mail support from qualified, experienced counsellors for gamblers and their families, and a wealth of information for health professionals.
- HealthInsite - an Australian Government initiative.
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet - Kurongkurl Katitjin, the School of Indigenous Australian Studies at Edith Cowan University
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Drug Strategy 2014 - 2019 - Intergovernmental Committee on Drugs.
- National Drug Strategy
- Return on investment 2: evaluating the cost-effectiveness of needle and syringe programs in Australia 2009
- Stop Petrol Sniffing - Department of Health.
Grants and Funding
- Government of Western Australia - Grants & Funding
- GrantsLINK - Australian Government Community Grants
- Lotterywest Grants
- Australian Institute of Criminology
- AIHW (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare)
- Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health & Society
- Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use - NDARC
- NCETA (National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction)
- National Drug Research Institute
- National Drug & Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC)
- Turning Point
- Department of Corrective Services - Offender Drug and Alcohol Strategy 2010 = 2014
- Department of Corrective Services - Drug and Alcohol Agency Action Plan 2010 - 2014
- Drug Court Department of the Attorney General Government of Western Australia
- Drug Courts - The Positive Choice FAQ
- Indigenous Justice Clearinghouse
Mental Health Resources
- Guidelines on the management of alcohol and other drug and mental health conditions in alcohol and other drug treatment settings (National Comorbidity Guidelines) - NDARC
- WA Association for Mental Health (WAAMH)
- Multicultural Mental Health Australia (MMHA)
Alcohol and other drug sites from Europe, New Zealand, Canada and the United States.