Reports Into AOD Issues
Reports and research on alcohol and other drug issues.
Alcohol and other Drug Trends and Statistics
- National Wastewater Drug Monitoring Program Report 5, 2018 - Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
- National Wastewater Drug Monitoring Program Reports - Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
- Alcohol and other drug treatment services in Australia 2017–18: key findings - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services (AODTS) in Australia 2016-17 - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Alcohol and other drug treatment services in Australia 2016–17: key findings - Australian Institute for Health and Welfare
- WA Illicit Drug Reporting System (IDRS) Report - covers findings from annual interviews in Perth with people who regularly inject drugs.
- Drug Trends Illicit Drug Reporting System (IDRS) - National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre at UNSW.
- Drug Trends Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System (EDRS) - National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre at UNSW.
- Opioid, amphetamine, and cocaine-induced deaths in Australia: August 2018 - Drug Trends - National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW
- National 2019 Illicit Drug Reporting System (IDRS) - Drug Trends
- Trends in drug-induced deaths in Australia, 1997-2017 - Drug Trends, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW
- Illicit Drug Data Report 2017–18 (IDDR) - Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) - provides an overview of changes, as well as longer term trends.
- Report on the 2nd ACT GTM Pill Testing Pilot: a Harm Reduction Service - Pill Testing Australia - August 2019
- 2019 Alcohol Poll - the Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education's poll finds that less than half of Australians are aware of the link between alcohol use and mouth and throat cancer (29%) and breast cancer (16%).
- Alcohol Advertising Review Board (AARB) 2018-2019 Impact Report
- Cities of Armadale, Canning and Gosnells Alcohol Action Plan 2019-2022
- 2018 Alcohol Poll - Dangerous cocktail: Aussies uninformed and misled on alcohol-related cancer & disease links - Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE) - March 2018.
- Esports and Alcohol Advertising Research Report - Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE)
- Impossible to escape: The need for stronger restrictions on the placement of alcohol marketing in Australia - Alcohol Advertising Review Board - May 2019
- Apparent Consumption of Alcohol, Australia, 2017-18 - Australian Bureau of Statistics - September 2019
- The Case for a Minimum (Floor) Pricing of Alcohol in WA - WA Alcohol and Youth Action Coalition
- WHO - Global status report on alcohol and health 2018
Ecstasy - MDMA
- Recent use of ‘capsules contents unknown’ among a sample of people who frequently use ecstasy and other illicit stimulants in Australia. Kelly, G., Bruno, R., & Peacock, A. (2019).
- National 2019 Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System (EDRS) - Drug Trends
- Correlates of self-reported significant adverse effects following ‘ecstasy’ use: Implications for harm reduction - Drug Trends Bulletin, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW
- Inquiry into Crystal Methamphetamine (Ice) - Australian Parliamentary Joint Committee on Law Enforcement - March 2018
- Review of methamphetamine use among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people - Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- Reviewing six years of a peer-driven naloxone training program in Western Australia. Fetherston, J., Grigg, J., & Lenton, S. (2019).
- National opioid pharmacotherapy statistics annual data (NOPSAD) 2017 - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Opioid harm in Australia: and comparisons between Australia and Canada - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - 9 November 2018.
Complexity and Capacity Building
- Close to home: young people and the impact of alcohol and drug use by family and peers - Mission Australia - August 2019
- The State of Homelessness in Australia's Cities - Centre for Social Impact - University of Western Australia - April 2018
- Decline in hepatitis C treatment uptake could threaten Australia’s elimination targets - The Kirby Institute.
- Missing Connections: Service user experiences of people living with hepatitis C exiting custodial settings - AIVL - July 2019
- Missing Connections: Service user experiences of people living with hepatitis C exiting custodial settings - AIVL, July 2019
- Monitoring hepatitis C treatment uptake in Australia Issue 10, June 2019 - Kirby Institute - this report summarises data on the prescription and distribution of hepatitis C treatments and provides insight into the initial phase of the roll-out of DAA therapy in Australia.
- Monitoring hepatitis C treatment uptake in Australia Issue 9, July 2018 - The Kirby Institute.
- pdf Investing In Women's Health (942 KB) - Women's Community Health Network WA.
- Jean Hailes National Women’s Health Survey Results - Jean Hailes for Women's Health
- Joining the dots: 2018 census of the Australian health justice landscape - Health Justice Australia
- Overview of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health status 2018 - Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet. Supporting resources include a plain-language summary and Powerpoint presentations that can be used as a teaching resource.
Workforce Development and Planning
- 2018 Peer Workforce Report - WA Peer Supporters' Network - April 2018
WANADA alerts the alcohol and other drug sector to new resources and reports in our e-newsletter FYI.